2024 Copyright Certificate Courses
Our Spring 2024 Certificate program cohorts are now open for registration. Please note that we have decided to cap registration for each of these courses at 20 students to ensure the best experience possible. I will be updating the amount of spots remaining on a daily basis. Register and secure your spot now. Access to course materials opens March 4 2024.
Certificate in Licensing Digital Content - 16 Spots Available
Copyright Leadership Certificate - 17 Spots Available
Certificate in Canadian Copyright Law - 15 Spots Available
2024 Course Calendar
The following courses will be offered this year in three categories: All year long, Spring 2024 and Fall 2024. Registration for year-long and Spring offerings is now open.
Courses Available All Year (January 1st - December 31st)
These courses are self-guided and will be open for registration all year long.
A primer/refresher on Canadian Copyright Law. Nouveau! Le quiz final dans ce cours est disponible en anglais ou français. Vous pouvez le compléter dans la langue de votre choix.
This course will provide you with best practices for your copyright permissions requests.
This course will teach you the why, who, what and how of being that designated copyright contact person.
This course will explain how to debunk copyright myths, what's really in the public domain, and how Creative Commons licenses can work for you.
Spring 2024 (March 4th - June 28th)
Starting March 4th we will be offering all three of our Certificate programs (Certificate in Canadian Copyright Law, Copyright Leadership Certificate and Certificate in Licensing Digital Content) as well as two eTutorials:
21 Virtual Ways to Build Copyright Awareness in Your Library or Organization provides a wealth of tips on how to transform your workplace copyright compliance culture. It also offers copyright awareness ideas you can immediately implement to lower the risk of copyright infringement in your organization.
All Spring courses are now available for pre-registration.
Fall 2024 (September 2nd - December 31st)
Starting September 2nd, we will be again offering all three of our Certificate programs (Certificate in Canadian Copyright Law, Copyright Leadership Certificate and Certificate in Licensing Digital Content) as well as two eTutorials:
Legally Using Images will provide you with know-how on which images require copyright permission and which you can safely use for free, how to avoid hidden traps in licensing language, and how to legally use online and print images while avoiding expensive and time-consuming legal hassles.
As mentioned above, the Certificate Programs will be capped at 20 students each. If you would like to be placed on the waitlist to secure your spot, let us know! Pre-registration for our Fall courses will open on June 1st, 2024.
Essential Facts About Our Courses
- All content is in plain English.
- We have one objective: to demystify copyright law and licensing electronic content.
- We offer the best vetted and updated content, objective information, small classes so you can get your copyright questions answered, and provide you with confidence to deal with copyright issues on your own.
- Our certificate programs include awesome practical tools you can easily adapt for your workplace and your particular copyright and licensing issues. And, you'll meet smart like-minded people like yourself and make copyright contacts for your career.
- Our teaching is 24/7. That means all courses are flexible for busy professionals. You can review lessons on your own time and contribute to discussions when it works for you. You can attend conferences, be there for family and friends and even take vacations, then jump right back into our courses when you return.
- Our courses aren't the end of your education, but the beginning!
Courses Available On Demand for Groups
All of our courses are available groups within your organization on an on-demand basis and for licensing to us using our online learning portal. Why re-invent the wheel when it comes to educating your employees and colleagues about copyright law! Contact us.