I want you to know how grateful I am that you offer the courses you do. They are a godsend! As a solo flyer on a large campus, thank you for covering specific and useful topics.— Emilie Algenio, Copyright/Fair Use Librarian
Certificate in Licensing Digital Content. 2022 Cohort opens 10 January 2022.
Copyright Leadership Certificate. 2022 Cohort opens 24 January 2022.
Certificate in Canadian Copyright Law. 2022 Cohort opens 24 January 2022.
NEW! Copyright Micro Courses
Copyrightlaws.com’s new Demystifying Copyright micro courses are a series of short courses that provide an overview of specific copyright topics. In four to six hours, you can learn about and test your knowledge on subjects such as the public domain, Creative Commons, moral rights, and becoming the copyright go-to person in your organization.
The micro courses are entirely self-paced. You’ll have access to each course for four weeks in our easy-to-use online learning system. And you can download the lessons for future reference.
The Demystifying Copyright series is for those new to copyright and those who want a refresher on a specific area. The Demystifying Copyright series complements our copyright and licensing certificate programs.
Our first micro course is Demystifying Your Role as the Go-To Copyright Person. Register Now!
Our second micro course is Demystifying Copyright Myths, the Public Domain and Creative Commons Licenses. Register Now!
The following eTutorials (short online courses) are currently open for enrollment.
Developing a Copyright Policy or Guidelines is a unique hands-on eight-lesson eTutorial where you complete a draft Copyright Policy or Guidelines. We'll walk you through the process of writing or updating your copyright policy or guidelines. Register Now!
Obtaining Permission: The Copyright Permissions Request will provide you with best practices for your copyright permissions requests. Register Now!
21 Virtual Ways to Build Copyright Awareness in Your Library or Organization provides a wealth of tips on how to transform your workplace copyright compliance culture. It also offers copyright awareness ideas you can immediately implement to lower the risk of copyright infringement in your organization. Register Now!
Legally Using Images will provide you with know-how on which images require copyright permission and which you can safely use for free, how to avoid hidden traps in licensing language, and how to legally use online and print images while avoiding expensive and time-consuming legal hassles. Register Now!
Canadian Copyright Law is a primer/refresher on Canadian Copyright Law. Register Now! Nouveau! Le quiz final dans ce cours est disponible en anglais ou français. Vous pouvez le compléter dans la langue de votre choix.
Exciting New Initiative at Copyrightlaws.com
We’ve completed our transition to Thinkific (a Vancouver-based company) for our course registrations and as a learning management system. After much research, we've selected Thinkific for its simplicity, ease-of-use and consistency with our eTutorial method of teaching. We hope you'll be as excited as we are!
Webinar Recording: Considering Copyright during a Crisis
On Friday 2 April, Copyrightlaws.com's CEO Lesley Ellen Harris participated along with Jill Hurst-Wahl and Kenneth D. Crews in a one-hour question and answer webinar organized by American Libraries (ALA) on Considering Copyright during a Crisis. Watch it here. A second webinar took place on Friday 17 April 22, 2020. Watch it here.
Also see COVID-19 and Copyright Resources.
Essential Facts About Our Courses
- All content is in plain English.
- We have one objective: to demystify copyright law and licensing electronic content.
- We offer the best vetted and updated content, objective information, small classes so you can get your copyright questions answered, and provide you with confidence to deal with copyright issues on your own.
- Our certificate programs include awesome practical tools you can easily adapt for your workplace and your particular copyright and licensing issues. And, you'll meet smart like-minded people like yourself and make copyright contacts for your career.
- Our teaching is 24/7. That means all courses are flexible for busy professionals. You can review lessons on your own time and contribute to discussions when it works for you. You can attend conferences, be there for family and friends and even take vacations, then jump right back into our courses when you return.
- Our courses aren't the end of your education, but the beginning!
Courses Available On Demand for Groups
All of our courses are available groups within your organization on an on-demand basis. Contact us.