Welcome to a new kind of copyright education … a place you can visit to connect with people, get answers to questions and simplify your copyright and licensing compliance. Feel free to explore, have a seat and enjoy copyright education that's built to fit your work and personal life, not the other way around.
Our copyright and licensing certificate programs are designed for nonlawyers to be able to manage copyright and licensing issues in their libraries, institutions, organizations and businesses. See what our recent graduates say.
- Gain knowledge and tools to manage copyright and licensing issues
- Learn how to apply copyright law to lower your risk of copyright infringement
- Grow your confidence in answering daily copyright and licensing questions
Choose our Copyright Leadership Certificate if you’re in the U.S. or around the world, or our Certificate in Canadian Copyright Law if you’re based in Canada. With respect to digital licensing, choose our Certificate in Licensing Digital Content.
These 3 courses are now closed for 2020. Want to join us in 2021? Email us and we’ll put you on the priority notification list for 2021 (no obligations). Once we set the 2021 schedule (likely a start date in February or March), you’ll have first priority in securing a spot in the course of your choice.
OUR COPYRIGHT CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
1. Copyright Leadership Certificate
The Copyright Leadership Certificate provides a strong foundation in copyright decision making skills, and is for those new to copyright or seeking to enhance their current knowledge base. Designed for a U.S. and global audience, the program equips you with the knowledge of copyright principles, with the primary focus on practical skills that can be adapted to individual needs. The program is available in either a 12-week or extended seven-month offering.
Read our Certificate Programs graduates' testimonials.
2. Certificate in Canadian Copyright Law
Similar to our Copyright Leadership Certificate but aimed at a Canadian audience, the Certificate in Canadian Copyright Law is a 12-week program that provides a strong foundation in copyright decision making skills. (An extended seven-month offering is also available.) The program is intended for those new to copyright or seeking to enhance their current knowledge base. The program equips you with knowledge of copyright principles, with the primary focus on practical skills that can be adapted to individual needs.
Read our Certificate in Canadian Copyright Law graduates' testimonials.
3. Certificate in Licensing Digital Content
The new six-week Certificate in Licensing Digital Content program is intended for persons new to licensing digital content or those who would like to enhance their current knowledge base about digital content licensing. The primary focus is on practical skills that you can apply immediately in your library or organization and to your individual circumstances. The program has three courses:
- Introduction to Digital Licensing
- Digital Licensing Terms and Conditions
- Negotiating and Managing Digital Licenses
Each course complements and builds upon the others.
The Certificate in Licensing Digital Contentincludes tools to help you navigate your licenses, networking opportunities with other licensing professionals, and a certificate of completion. You can find more details, testimonials and registration links here. Contact us for more information about the Certificate in Licensing Digital Content.
Who Benefits from our copyright courses?
You'll benefit from our copyright certificate programs if you answer "Yes" to any of these questions:
- Are you the go-to copyright person in your library or organization on copyright law and licensing issues?
- Do you need direction and support in managing copyright and licensing issues?
- Are you seeking to lower your library's or enterprise’s copyright infringement risks?
- Do you need greater confidence in answering copyright questions?
- Are you using third-party content on your website, social media and in print materials and documents?
See our course calendar for scheduled dates for the following copyright courses.