Obtaining Permission: The Copyright Permissions Request is an online course using Copyrightlaws.com’s unique eTutorial approach.
You’ll learn to write the best copyright permissions request, how to approach a copyright owner for permission, what to include in your permissions request letter, copyright permission letter best practices and much more. Each lesson contains a text lecture, further resources to explore, and a self-marking quiz.
- 10 e-lessons
- 28 October to 8 November 2019
Participants do the work on their own time as their schedules permit. We don’t meet together at any specific times.
Syllabus for Obtaining Permission: The Copyright Permissions Request
- Is It Possible to Simplify Obtaining Permission?
- Make Sure You Need Permission
- Identifying the Copyright Owner
- What Rights Do You Need?
- How To Determine Fees for Copyright Permissions
- Tips for Negotiating Permissions
- Copyright Permissions Request Checklist
- Practical Applications and FAQs
- Best Practices for Obtaining Copyright Permissions
- Test Your Knowledge
For further information about this eTutorial on obtaining copyright permissions, email us.
For a more comprehensive course on leading copyright issues in your library or organization, see the Copyright Leadership Certificate.
See all of Copyrightlaws.com’s online copyright courses.