eLearning.Live Courses.Customized Education.
Current opportunities are set out below. Visit us monthly to see new offerings or subscribe to our free e-letter.
eLearning consists of eTutorials, webinar courses and self-study courses.
Canadian Copyright Law: Canada Hits the Reset Button
- includes content on amendments to the Canadian Copyright Act that became effective 7 November 2012, as well as recent Canadian Supreme Court decisions
- this eTutorial has 16 elessons, each with a text lecture, self-marking quiz, and further resources to consult
- aimed at a general audience of creators, owners, publishers and consumers of print and digital content
- begins 1 May 2013 (and ends 31 May 2013)
2. Webinar Courses
- online course with 3 live webinars, a private discussion list, final multiple choice quiz.
- geared towards those who work in the information industry. Begins 2 May 2013.
- “The combination of live seminars and assigned readings was great for providing information and then reinforcing the concepts.”
The above course earns you credit towards the Certificate in Copyright Management which consists of 7 online courses and 2 in-person courses.
3. Self-Guided Courses
Digital Licensing Online, self-guided, offered year round
Copyright & Electronic Resource Management, self-guided, offered year round
San Diego 6 + 7 June 2013
|CCM700||Teaching Others About Copyright and Licensing|
|CCM600||Copyright Compliance and Management|
Don’t see what you are looking for? Contact us. We can provide a webinar or special eLearning course to meet your needs.
About Our Copyright Training
Copyrightlaws.com offers online, e-tutorials, webinars, and in-person training. The training is developed and led by self-employed copyright lawyer and author Lesley Ellen Harris and provides a balanced non-biased view on copyright and licensing. The training has a practical approach teaching participants to manage their own copyright and licensing issues and ensure copyright compliance. There are a variety of training/courses from self-paced to e-tutorial lessons to interactive and assignment-based. List of Topics of Online Courses offered by Copyrightlaws.com. Email us for customized training and webinars that meet your needs and schedule. Looking for training on the amendments to the Canadian Copyright Act? Email us.
Philosophy of our copyright training: “The course materials are remarkably free of legal or technical jargon, and are therefore eminently readable and easy to absorb. Even court cases are used sparingly, and only when they help to clarify a point…aims to achieve a balance between explaining the law and giving enough detail in order to also be able to understand the intricacies of the existing law.” Read the entire online course review.
SLIS, Catholic University of America, 3 Credits
- The Copyright & Licensing Institute – Washington, DC 23 – 27 May 2011