Copyrightlaws.com provides a variety of ways for you to stay informed and up to date on today’s global copyright issues.
Our courses are in plain English and demystify copyright law, permissions, digital copyright issues, and license agreements.
We provide an objective and practical perspective on copyright law.
Learning Opportunities Include:
- Online Copyright Certificate Programs
- Custom and Private Training
- Licensing our content to you
Join our free email list and be the first to hear about new courses, and receive access to early registration.
Need to train 5 or more people? Email us for group rates and private training in your workplace.
Click here to be notified when new courses are scheduled.
Our eTutorials are a unique flexible way to learn copyright law. Our goal is to increase your productivity and lower your copyright infringement risks. Our scheduled classes are set out below.Legally Using Images Next Course: March 27 – April 7, 2017 – Register NOW!
If you are using images and other third party content, this course will teach you which images require copyright permission and which you can safely use for free, as well as how to avoid hidden traps in licensing language.
In this course you will learn:
- how copyright applies to images
- the meaning of public domain
- how Creative Commons licenses work
- how to work with stock photo agencies
- about using images from Google and other search engines
- what to do if you cannot locate a copyright owner
- when you need permission to use an image
- what fair use and fair dealing mean
- how to obtain copyright permission
- how to negotiate terms and conditions and payments for the use of images
- how global permissions work
- situations that may not require copyright permission
- best practices for legally using images
Canadian Copyright Law Next Course: March 2 – 24, 2017 – Register NOW! 8 SPOTS LEFT
After taking this eTutorial you will be able to:
- explain Canadian copyright law concepts like how to obtain protection, rights granted to authors and owners and limitations on those rights
- understand when the use of digital content or social media involves a copyright issue
- identify what is protected by Canadian copyright law and when you need permission to use copyright materials
Our Online Copyright Certificate Programs:
Our online Certificate programs are flexible, comprehensive and practical. You will learn to manage and lead copyright issues in your day-to-day work. Designed for non lawyers who deal with copyright and licensing matters.Copyright Leadership Certificate – 2017 session OPEN – Register NOW! 7 SPOTS REMAINING
Are you the go-to copyright person in your organization? Are you answering copyright questions in your workplace? Who is correcting misinformation about copyright and licensing in your institution? Do you need direction in organizing and managing copyright issues?
This certificate program is designed for those at all organizational levels who want to gain a better understanding of domestic and global copyright law and apply that knowledge on a day-to-day basis to the use of copyright materials. Open to participants around the world.
By participating in Copyrightlaws.com’s Copyright Leadership Certificate, you will be able to:
- Describe U.S. copyright law principles
- Explain global copyright law on a practical level
- Know when and how to obtain copyright permission
- Provide quick answers about copyright law and licensing content
- Develop best practices for lowering copyright risks
Certificate in Canadian Copyright Law – 2017 session OPEN – Register NOW!
The Certificate in Canadian Copyright Law is designed for Canadians at all organizational levels who want to gain a better understanding of Canadian and global copyright law and to apply that knowledge on a day-to-day basis.
By participating in this class, you will be able to…
- explain Canadian copyright law principles
- explain global copyright law on a practical level
- know when and how to obtain copyright permission
- provide quick answers about Canadian copyright law and licensing content
- develop best practices and other copyright documents for lowering copyright risks
To read more about this course and to register, click HERE.
Online Copyright Courses To Be Scheduled:
Raising Copyright Awareness – this course is ideal for anyone whose job includes copyright awareness, education and training
Developing a Copyright Policy or Guidelines – a hands-on course in which you develop and write a draft copyright policy or guidelines
Digital Licensing Primer – a good license agreement can make it easy to access, use and share licensed digital content. Learn the basics of a license agreement, common terms and conditions and how to negotiate a license that works for you.
Copyright Essentials for Businesses and Organizations – businesses will immediately benefit from learning how to protect their intellectual property (focus is on copyright materials) and how to avoid unauthorized uses of content owned by others. By participating in this class, you will be able to identify and minimize your copyright risks.
Global Copyright Essentials – in our global information world, understanding the essentials of global copyright law will keep your risks of copyright infringement to a minimum
Copyright Master Class/Post Certificate Course – for anyone who has graduated from the Copyright Leadership Certificate, The Certificate in Canadian Copyright Law, the Certification in Copyright Management or an equivalent certificate program or experience, this course will refresh your knowledge and skills and provide a forum to discuss relevant copyright management issues.
Don’t see what you need? Email us about our other courses including private and customized sessions.
Not ready to register for a course? Tell us your interests and we’ll email you next time we offer that course. Click here to tell us your interests.