Because life is complicated.
Copyright law shouldn't be.
Imagine copyright as simple as checking your email.
Since 1998, Copyrightlaws.com has been the go-to resource for copyright courses and education in plain English.
Copyrightlaws.com has several awesome goals:
- We provide independent, non-biased training to help students around the world understand copyright law.
- We empower our students with copyright confidence and the ability to analyze their own copyright situations without the daily assistance of a lawyer.
- We help you practice with actual copyright scenarios so you know how to handle a situation when it arises in your library or organization.
Master copyright and licensing with our signature bite-size lessons. Get vital information and practical tips from our individual courses or deep dive into our signature programs:
- Copyright Leadership Certificate
- Certificate in Licensing Digital Content
- Certificate in Canadian Copyright Law
Don't just take our word for it ... see our graduates' copyright course testimonials.
Meet the Copyrightlaws.com Team
Our goal is to make copyright training easy and personal. Your learning experience will meet your needs for relevant copyright content in an accessible format on a schedule that works for you. We know your name and you'll receive personal attention during your training from us.
Founder, Course Developer and Instructor
Copyrightlaws.com was founded by copyright lawyer and author Lesley Ellen Harris. She's an expert in explaining copyright and licensing issues in plain English. See Lesley's full bio.
Content Editor and Student Ambassador
Marlene is a masterful wordsmith and editor. Creating meaningful content is her forte and her contributions to Copyrightlaws.com go beyond the red pen. Marlene helps ensure our courses deliver on their promise of quality, relevant copyright content.
As our Student Ambassador, Marlene can answer all your questions about our copyright courses. Not sure which course to select? Schedule a chat with Marlene.
Dave’s duties at Copyrightlaws.com demand the highest attention to detail. Dave’s role includes supporting our Editor and Course Instructor with day-to-day operational support and communications, and preparing our bi-monthly What Copyright People are Reading section of the LEH-Letter on copyright law information, tips and news.
Copyright Specialist in Residence
Lauren Bourdages is Copyrightlaws.com's second Copyright Specialist in Residence. Her term is from February to April 2020. Learn more about Lauren's background and this role.
Past Copyright Specialist in Residence
This new and exciting position began on 1 October 2019, with Erin Gurski as our first Copyright Specialist in Residence. Learn more about Erin's background and the role.
Copyrightlaws.com also has a team of behind the scenes support, from website to social media to learning technologies. They help our front of house team deliver an unparalleled level of copyright knowledge and customer service, with technology and digital services that enhance your online learning experience.
Are You Interested in Being a Guest Blogger for Copyrightlaws.com?
Would you like to be a guest blogger for Copyrightlaws.com? Our readers want content they can relate to and act on. We welcome:
- Useful, practical articles in plain English
- Content attractive to a specific audience or a global audience
- Practical advice to share with others about a specific copyright issue you’re managing (e.g., negotiating a license agreement, or applying fair use/dealing in your organization)
*Photo by Stephanie Sisle