21 Simple Ideas to Promote Copyright Literacy in Your Library or Organization is the theme of this eTutorial and the title of its 10th lesson.
Contact us about upcoming sessions of this course or how to offer it on demand for groups.
This online course demystifies how to increase the level of copyright literacy in your enterprise through awareness, education and training with the goal of lowering your copyright risks. (Note: This course was previously called Raising Copyright Literacy to Lower Copyright Risks.)
Each of the 10 e-lessons provides up-to-date information on aspects of developing and implementing an effective copyright education program, including practical strategies and activities, as well as a self-marking quiz and URLs for further reading in each lesson. All of Copyrightlaws.com’s courses are aimed at empowering nonlawyers to deal with copyright and licensing issues.
The ninth lesson, new in 2019, sets out 21 simple ideas you can immediately begin to act upon to make those in your library and organization more aware about copyright law and licensing electronic resources.
You’ll gain the most from this course if you have some minimal knowledge of copyright law.
- Persuading others that copyright compliance is a priority
- Librarian or lawyer: who leads copyright education?
- Identifying your copyright risks
- Developing motivating copyright awareness and training
- What copyright education formats work
- Online learning as an option for copyright literacy
- Maintaining the buzz in your copyright awareness
- Preparing an effective copyright literacy strategy
- 21 hands-on copyright awareness activities
- Copyright literacy education checklist
You’ll receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of this eTutorial.
The course absolutely met my expectations. I was hoping to come out of it with a game plan to start implementing a copyright education strategy within my institution and that is exactly what I got. I am excited to start mapping this out! I know it will greatly benefit my workplace to have this kind of initiative in place. I love the e-mail format — makes it easier to get to the lessons when I can, even from home if need be! I highly recommend this course, especially if someone is working in similar circumstances to me wherein the very small copyright team is vastly outnumbered by the amount of colleagues who need their expertise and help on a daily basis.
— Erin Gurski, Intellectual Property Advisor, Canada (June 2018)
Benefits of Taking This eTutorial
- Be equipped to explain what copyright literacy is and why your enterprise and its copyright stakeholders need it
- Be able to build a copyright literacy education team, including internal and/or external instructors, identify content and delivery formats, and assess and refine your copyright literacy program
- Have tools to develop and implement a copyright literacy education strategy
Testimonials for Our Courses
Thank you very much [for instructing Developing A Copyright Policy.] This course has forced us to put down on paper what we need to move copyright forward in our institution.
— Patricia Sutherland, Library Manager, College of the North Atlantic, Qatar
The Certificate program and each eTutorial is logical and linear, and the e-lessons are easily (and enjoyably) read and retained. The most value I expect to get is with the overall legality of copyright and how best to develop a personal risk/copyright management plan as it pertains to my photography. For my work, I can see how it has already benefited the School Division as we are reworking our Copyright protocols, policies, and most importantly our Professional Development and communications for our students, educators, and support staff.
— Bradley Hampson, MBA, Assistant Superintendent, Technology, Frontier School Division, Winnipeg
The e-lessons in the course, Managing Copyright Issues, were very clear and easy to understand — despite the complexity of the issues. I would definitely recommend this course to others.
— Jody Gripp, Tacoma Public Library, Washington State
Who Should Enroll in This Course?
- Copyright managers, librarians in all sorts of institutions, human resources professionals, risk management professionals, marketers, publishers and more.
- Those in businesses and organizations concerned about copyright compliance and lowering copyright risks.
- Anyone around the world seeking to educate others about copyright law. Note that this eTutorial isn’t country specific.
See all our online copyright courses
Looking for a more in-depth review of copyright law and applying copyright to your everyday copyright and licensing issues without the assistance of a lawyer? Consider our Copyright Leadership Certificate program, designed to empower nonlawyers to manage copyright issues.