Each e-lesson provides up-to-date information on the topic listed, sets out fundamentals for that topic, has a self-marking quiz, and provides URLs for further reading.
Register for 19 March 2018 to 3 April 2018 or use the form at the bottom of this post. Course registration fee: $187.
Syllabus for United States Copyright Law Online Course
E-Lesson 1.0 — Copyright and Intellectual Property
E-Lesson 2.0 — International Copyright in the U.S. Context
E-Lesson 3.0 — Works Protected by Copyright
E-Lesson 4.0 — Registration and Copyright Notices
E-Lesson 5.0 — Ownership and Duration of Rights
E-Lesson 6.0 — Protected Rights and Their Exploitation
E-Lesson 7.0 — Limitations on Rights
E-Lesson 8.0 — Copyright Infringement
E-Lesson 9.0 — Legally Using Copyright-Protected Materials
E-Lesson 10.0 — Final Quiz: Review of United States Copyright Law
You will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of this eTutorial.
After taking our U.S. Copyright Law eTutorial you will be able to:
- Explain how U.S. copyright law works and how to obtain copyright protection in the U.S.
- Identify what is protected by U.S. copyright law and when you need permission to use copyright materials
- Understand key U.S. copyright law principles and the international copyright law from the U.S. perspective
Who should enroll in this course?
- Anyone who wants a basic understanding of U.S. copyright law in plain English
- Americans who want a primer or refresher on U.S. copyright law
- Non-Americans who seek an overview of U.S. copyright law
If you’re looking for more comprehensive copyright training, look at the Copyright Leadership Certificate. **Ask us about how this U.S. Copyright Law eTutorial counts as credit towards your Copyright Leadership Certificate.