Next offering is over a 4-week period beginning 12 May 2014. Register is now open and will close on 31 May: Register for CCL eTutorial.
Canadian Copyright Law (CCL)
CCL is a 16 e-lesson eTutorial course which is a primer/refresher on Canadian copyright law. Includes information on recent amendments to the Canadian Copyright Act and June 2012 Supreme Court of Canada court decisions.
1. Understanding intellectual property
2. History of Canadian copyright law
3. Criteria for copyright protection (e.g., originality, fixation)
4. How to obtain copyright protection
5. How does international copyright protection work?
6. What is protected by copyright?
7. Who owns copyright?
8. The duration of copyright
9. Rights protected by copyright
10. Limitations on rights
11. How may rights be exploited?
12. How is copyright violated?
13. Remedies for the violation of copyright
14. Using copyright-protected materials
15. A comparison of Canadian and U.S. copyright laws
16. Digital copyright and electronic rights
A final quiz with 16 multiple choice questions is e-mailed to participants following e-lesson 16. Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion.
The $269 CDN fee includes a 2014 subscription to The Copyright & New Media Law Newsletter.