While there is no “international copyright law” per se, there are legal implications whenever your use of copyright materials — your own or third-party content — extends beyond your country’s borders. Avoid international copyright violations by understanding how the system of international copyright works on a practical level.
Each e-lesson in the Practical International Copyright primer/refresher eTutorial provides up-to-date information on the topic listed, sets out fundamentals for that topic, has a self-marking quiz, and provides URLs for further reading. All of Copyrightlaws.com’s courses are aimed at empowering non lawyers to deal with copyright and licensing issues.
Syllabus for Practical International Copyright eTutorial
E-Lesson 1.0 — The Role of International Copyright Law
E-Lesson 2.0 — Copyright Laws in Different Countries
E-Lesson 3.0 — Minimum International Requirements
E-Lesson 4.0 — A Summary of Major Copyright Treaties
E-Lesson 5.0 — Worldwide Exploitation of Rights
E-Lesson 6.0 — Best Practices for Obtaining Global Permissions
E-Lesson 7.0 — Practical Applications
E-Lesson 8.0 — Final Quiz: Review of Practical International Copyright Law
You will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of this eTutorial.
Benefits from taking Practical International Copyright:
- Understand how key international copyright treaties and differences in copyright laws globally affect your use of copyright-protected materials
- Establish best practices for obtaining permissions to use copyright-protected content globally
- Be aware of international licensing considerations
- Develop a global copyright mindset
Who should enroll in our Practical International Copyright eCourse?
This course is relevant to you, no matter what country you are in, if you:
- Post content on a website, blog or intranet that will be accessed outside of your own country
- Use content from outside of your own country
- Negotiate digital licenses with a vendor/publisher/content owner based outside your own country
- Distribute content beyond your own country’s borders
This eTutorial was developed by Lesley Ellen Harris, Founder and CEO of Copyrightlaws.com.
If you’re looking for a more in-depth review of copyright law and applying copyright to your every day copyright and licensing images without the assistance of a lawyer, consider our Copyright Leadership Certificate program, designed to empower nonlawyers to manage copyright issues. **Ask us about how Practical International Copyright counts as credit towards your Copyright Leadership Certificate.