World IP Day
World Intellectual Property (IP) Day is on 26 April 2013.
To recognize World IP Day, the U.S. Copyright Office is hosting a Copyright Matters program. This free public program will be held on 24 April from 1 – 3 pm in the Coolidge Auditorium on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.
U.S. Copyright Office Celebrates World IP Day
Click to see the U.S. Copyright Office program for 24 April. The program features:
- performances from members of the Nashville Songwriters Association International, including NSAI President Lee Thomas Miller (e.g., You’re Gonna Miss This, recorded by Trace Adkins)
- Jessi Alexander (e.g., The Climb, recorded by Miley Cyrus)
- Brett James (Jesus Take the Wheel, recorded by Carrie Underwood).
- Register of Copyrights Maria A. Pallante
- James Pooley, Deputy Director General of the Innovation and Technology Sector of the World Intellectual Property Organization
- Teresa Rea, Acting Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property.
The purpose of IP Day is to promote and increase the understanding of intellectual property.
What are you doing to celebrate World IP Day?