U.S. Copyright Law eTutorial
Our U.S. Copyright Law eTutorial is a primer and refresher on the fundamentals in U.S. copyright law.
This online course covers:
- background on U.S. copyright law
- international copyright law from the U.S. perspective
- criteria for copyright protection (e.g., originality and fixation)
- what works are protected
- how to protect copyright works (e.g., registration and copyright notice requirements)
- protection of rights
- copyright protection duration
- exploitation of rights
- copyright infringement and remedies
The course looks at U.S. copyright law from a practical perspective with the goal of helping nonlawyers manage the copyright issues they face on a daily basis. The course is a primer for some and a refresher and update for others.
This U.S. Copyright Law eTutorial is also part of the Copyright Leadership Certificate program