On 4 and 5 November 2010, The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) is hosting meetings on Emerging Licensing Modalities, as part of its initiative on Facilitating Access to Culture in the Digital Age.
These are global meetings with speakers and participants from around the world, with representatives of a variety of stakeholders. Many speakers are experts in their fields and countries. Harvard Law School Professor Lawrence Lessig will be the keynote speaker. The Themes for the meetings are:
- Licensing Content Online: New Trends
- Competition and Licensing of Music
- Software: Tailoring Licenses to Markets
- Research and Education: Emerging Licensing Platforms
- Making Orphan Works Available: a Licensing Solution?
- Licensing of Information and Content: the Role of Governments
- The International Outlook: the Role for WIPO?
Click for Program. Reports on the meetings will be made.