While there is no “international copyright law” per se, there are legal implications whenever your use of copyright materials — your own or third-party content — extends beyond your country’s borders. Avoid international copyright violations by understanding how the system of international copyright works on a practical level.
Each e-lesson in the Practical International Copyright eCourse provides up-to-date information on the topic listed, sets out fundamentals for that topic, has a self-marking quiz, and provides URLs for further reading. This online course is a primer/refresher on international copyright law.
All of Copyrightlaws.com’s courses are aimed at empowering non lawyers to deal with copyright and licensing issues. Join us!
Syllabus for Practical International Copyright eCourse
E-Lesson 1.0 — The Role of International Copyright Law
E-Lesson 2.0 — Copyright Laws in Different Countries
E-Lesson 3.0 — Minimum International Requirements
E-Lesson 4.0 — A Summary of Major Copyright Treaties
E-Lesson 5.0 — Worldwide Exploitation of Rights
E-Lesson 6.0 — Best Practices for Obtaining Global Permissions
E-Lesson 7.0 — Practical Applications
E-Lesson 8.0 — Final Quiz: Review of Practical International Copyright Law
You will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of this eTutorial.
Benefits from taking Practical International Copyright:
- Understand how key international copyright treaties and differences in copyright laws globally affect your use of copyright-protected materials
- Establish best practices for obtaining permissions to use copyright-protected content globally
- Be aware of international licensing considerations
- Develop a global copyright mindset
Who should enroll in our Practical International Copyright eCourse?
This course is relevant to you, no matter what country you are in, if you:
- Post content on a website, blog or intranet that will be accessed outside of your own country
- Use content from outside of your own country
- Negotiate digital licenses with a vendor/publisher/content owner based outside your own country
- Distribute content beyond your own country’s borders
This eTutorial was developed by Lesley Ellen Harris, Founder and CEO of Copyrightlaws.com.
Looking for more in-depth review of copyright law and applying copyright to your every day copyright and licensing images without the assistance of a lawyer, consider our Copyright Leadership Certificate program, designed to empower nonlawyers to manage copyright issues. See Copyright Leadership Certificate. **Ask us about how Practical International Copyright counts as credit towards your Copyright Leadership Certificate.