Are you the go-to copyright person in your organization? Are you answering copyright questions in your workplace? Who is correcting misinformation about copyright and licensing in your institution? Do you need direction in organizing and managing copyright issues?
Copyrightlaws.com’s Copyright Leadership Certificate may be the answer for lowering your copyright risks and avoiding expensive and time consuming legal hassles. This certificate program is designed for those at all organizational levels who want to gain a better understanding of domestic and global copyright law and apply that knowledge on a day-to-day basis to the use of copyright materials.
We will work with you to develop your breadth of knowledge of copyright issues, lower your risk of copyright infringement, increase your knowledge on when and how to obtain copyright permissions and provide an online forum for you to network with other copyright professionals. Gain the confidence you need to lead copyright issues in your organization!
The program runs from February 15, 2017 to June 15, 2017.
Learn more about the Copyright Leadership Certificate program at our virtual open house on 12 January @11:30 am EST. Click to sign up for the virtual open house.
Registration in Copyrightlaws.com’s Copyright Leadership Certificate includes:
- Five eTutorials on U.S. and global copyright law
- Access to a private discussion blog moderated by Lesley Ellen Harris
- Exclusive tools to help you apply copyright law in your enterprise
- Online networking with other copyright professionals
- Reference materials and resources for use after you earn your certificate
- A framed Certificate of Completion (for those who achieve 80% or higher on our final quiz)
- A public listing of the certificate holders on Copyrightlaws.com
- U.S. Copyright Law is both a primer and refresher on U.S. copyright law.
- Practical International Copyright provides a practical view of international copyright issues including giving and obtaining permission when dealing with foreign countries and online works.
- Legally Using Images sets out essential information on using third party content, how permissions work, risk management tips and best practices for legally using images. This eTutorial is applicable to the use of all content and not just images.
- Digital Copyright Issues teaches you legal, strategic and practical implications of using, publishing and re-distributing online and licensed digital content.
- Minimizing Copyright Risks and Organizing Copyright Issues in Your Workplace is an overview of managing the legal use of all types of copyright-protected works.
CLICK TO REGISTER FOR COPYRIGHTLAWS.COM’S COPYRIGHT LEADERSHIP CERTIFICATE
By participating in Copyrightlaws.com’s Copyright Leadership Certificate, you will be able to:
- Describe U.S. copyright law principles
- Explain global copyright law on a practical level
- Know when and how to obtain copyright permission
- Provide quick answers about copyright law and licensing content
- Develop best practices for lowering copyright risks
What participants say about our eTutorials:
“The e-lessons in the course Managing Copyright Issues were very clear and easy to understand, despite the complexity of the issues. I would definitely recommend this course to others.” – Jody Gripp, Tacoma Public Library, Washington State
“I got exactly what I expected from this course [Legally Using Images]. The email format was great. I thought the in-depth analysis of Creative Commons licenses was the most valuable piece in the lessons. Would be an excellent primer for anyone coming into a copyright job. I really would have appreciated this course earlier in my career.” – Kimberley Kemmer, Copyright Clearance Assistant at the University of Alberta
Canadians – Copyrightlaws.com offers a similar program tailored specifically to Canadian copyright issues. Click here for more information.