Welcome to a new kind of copyright education – a place you can visit to connect with people, get answers to questions and simplify your copyright and licensing compliance. Feel free to explore, have a seat and enjoy copyright education that’s built to fit your work and personal life – not the other way around.
COPYRIGHT CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
1. Copyright Leadership Certificate
The Copyright Leadership Certificate is a 12-week program that provides a strong foundation in copyright decision making skills, and is for those new to copyright or those seeking to enhance their current knowledge base. The program equips you with the knowledge of copyright principles, with the primary focus on practical skills that can be adapted to individual needs. Designed for a U.S. and global audience.
Read our Certificate Programs graduates’ testimonials.
2. Certificate in Canadian Copyright Law
Similar to our Copyright Leadership Certificate but aimed at a Canadian audience, the Certificate in Canadian Copyright Law is a 12-week program that provides a strong foundation in copyright decision making skills. It’s intended for those new to copyright or those seeking to enhance their current knowledge base. The program equips you with knowledge of copyright principles, with the primary focus on practical skills that can be adapted to individual needs.
Read our Certificate in Canadian Copyright Law graduates’ testimonials.
3. Certificate in Licensing Digital Content
This new three-course series is intended for persons new to licensing digital content or those who would like to enhance their current knowledge base about digital content licensing. The primary focus is on practical skills that you can apply immediately in your library or organization and to your individual circumstances. The three courses are:
- Introduction to Digital Licensing
- Digital Licensing Terms and Conditions
- Negotiating and Managing Digital Licenses
Each course in this series complements and builds upon the others. They’ve also been developed and written as stand-alone courses that can be taken on an individual basis in 2018.
Enroll in all three courses in 2018 and you’ll be invited (for no extra fee) to join the Certificate in Licensing Digital Content, which includes online discussions, tools to help you navigate your licenses, networking opportunities with other licensing professionals, and a certificate of completion. Contact us for more information about the Certificate in Licensing Digital Content. Further information and registration links are here.
Who Benefits from our copyright courses?
You’ll benefit from our copyright certificate programs if you answer “Yes” to any of these questions:
- Are you the go-to copyright person in your library or organization on copyright law and licensing issues?
- Do you need direction and support in managing copyright and licensing issues?
- Are you seeking to lower your library’s or enterprise’s copyright infringement risks?
- Do you need greater confidence in answering copyright questions?
- Are you using third-party content on your website, social media and in print materials and documents?
See our course calendar for scheduled dates for the following copyright courses.