Below are some primary resources on Canadian copyright law. No opinions (other than judicial ones); just the law to get you started in understanding Canadian Copyright Law.
Canadian Copyright Act
The current Canadian Copyright Act
Heritage Canada has information on the history of Canadian copyright, publications, a glossary and more, as well as a microsite on the Copyright Modernization Act (the most recent amendments to the Canadian Copyright Act.)
Copyright Board of Canada (where you can obtain a license to use works of unlocatable copyright owners, and a list of Canadian copyright collectives and more)
Government office responsible for copyright registrations: Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO). CIPO also provides general information on Canadian copyright law.
Supreme Court of Canada Copyright Cases
Supreme Court of Canada (SCC) cases: There are many other cases on this site that may be helpful. The list below is a sample of the cross-section of cases on copyright heard by the Supreme Court of Canada.
- Alberta (Education) v. Canadian Copyright Licensing Agency (Access Copyright), 2012 SCC 37,  2 S.C.R 345 Date: 20120712
- CCH Canadian Ltd. v. Law Society of Upper Canada, 2004 SCC 13,  1 S.C.R. 339 Date: 20040304
- Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada v. Canadian Assn. of Internet Providers, 2004 SCC 45,  2 S.C.R. 427 Date: 20040630
- Robertson v. Thomson Corp., 2006 SCC 43,  2 S.C.R. 363, Date 20061012
- Théberge v. Galerie d’Art du Petit Champlain inc., 2002 SCC 34,  2 S.C.R. 336, Date: 20020328
Creative Commons Canada
World Intellectual Property Organization
Canadian Copyright Law Questions
Copyright Qs & As on Canadian Copyright Law. This is a forum where you can review various questions and answers and also ask your own questions.
New Book on Canadian Copyright Law – click here
Do you have a favorite (or favourite) source to share? Press comment below to share it.